Jorge Martín continued his strong qualifying form this season with his seventh pole position at the thirteenth round. Gabriel Rodrigo and Aron Canet complete the front row although they were some way off the 1’41.823 set by Martín. The majority of riders did barely ten laps in damp conditions during this morning’s final free practice, after the overnight rainfall. However, with warm sunshine and 40°C track temperatures this afternoon the riders were able to push their hardest for a strong grid position.
The Gaviota Ángel Nieto Team are ready to race at the San Marino GP, with Albert Arenas starting from thirteenth position and Andrea Migno from nineteenth. The Spaniard was unable to string his best sector times together on one single lap, which would have put him on the third row. However, Arenas remains confident that he can fight at the front tomorrow.
12+1 Albert Arenas 1:42.694 (14 laps):
“The feeling is really good, even though qualifying was a little crazy. We didn’t manage to put a single good lap together but we know we can be fast. Thirteenth is a decent starting position although it is always better to be closer to the front. We have to stay focused and make the most of the work we have done in practice. If we keep working well, the results will come.”
- New expanded format for British Talent Cup announced
- Ogden emerges victorious in dramatic Race 2 at Donington
- Horsman beats Ogden to the top step in Race 1
- Moto2™: Victory the next step for man of the moment Navarro?
- “If you’re not crashing, you’re not going fast enough”
- Edwards: “The few years I had with Valentino were awesome”
- Moto2™/Moto3™ Barcelona test photo gallery
- De Puniet looking forward to a “great fight” in MotoE™