Jorge Martín continued his strong qualifying form this season with his seventh pole position at the thirteenth round. Gabriel Rodrigo and Aron Canet complete the front row although they were some way off the 1’41.823 set by Martín. The majority of riders did barely ten laps in damp conditions during this morning’s final free practice, after the overnight rainfall. However, with warm sunshine and 40°C track temperatures this afternoon the riders were able to push their hardest for a strong grid position.
The Gaviota Ángel Nieto Team are ready to race at the San Marino GP, with Albert Arenas starting from thirteenth position and Andrea Migno from nineteenth. The Spaniard was unable to string his best sector times together on one single lap, which would have put him on the third row. However, Arenas remains confident that he can fight at the front tomorrow.
12+1 Albert Arenas 1:42.694 (14 laps):
“The feeling is really good, even though qualifying was a little crazy. We didn’t manage to put a single good lap together but we know we can be fast. Thirteenth is a decent starting position although it is always better to be closer to the front. We have to stay focused and make the most of the work we have done in practice. If we keep working well, the results will come.”
- Fabio Quartararo shares his secrets to a fast lap
- KTM, Red Bull and Ajo Motorsport to continue collaboration
- Dovi v Marc VI, and how to accidentally join Rossi's Academy
- The stakes are high… The 2019 Final Draft starts now!
- Smith to replace Pawi at Petronas for British GP
- Introducing the new BMW M8 MotoGP™Safety Car
- Miller renews with Pramac Racing for 2020
- Poncharal: Oliveira top 10 "like a dream come true"