Alex Marquez has qualified eighth for Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS for the San Marino Grand Prix with teammate Joan Mir close behind in 10th position.
With the forecast rain not arriving Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS riders Alex Marquez and Joan Mir had sunny and humid conditions at Misano to make final preparations for Sunday’s 25 lap race.
For Alex Marquez the FP3 session was cut short with a crash after eight laps and he missed valuable track time to be 13th fastest. The setback impacted his performance in the crucial qualifying session with his fast time of 1.37.661 for 10th position coming on lap six before working on race pace.
Joan Mir was also in catch-up mode after a harmless fall in FP3 which he finished in 10th place. In qualifying Mir saved his best until his 21st and final lap with a time of 1’37.714 for 10th on the grid.
The warm-up session for Moto2 will be at 9:10am with the race scheduled to start at 12:20pm.
Alex Marquez: 8th, 1’37.661, +0.540, 28 laps, 118 km
“My problems today started with the crash in FP3, that was not a good way to prepare for a better qualifying position. But overall I’m happy and I think my rhythm is in the top four so I’m hoping for a good race. The most important thing will be to stay calm and not overheat the front tyre”
Joan Mir: 10th, 1’37.714, +0.593, 34 laps, 143 km
“I will start from tenth but I have the pace for something more than that so it is not a big drama to be starting from this position. We still have couple of set-up options to look at in the warm-up and be ready to fight for a good result in the race.”
- Moto2™: Victory the next step for man of the moment Navarro?
- “If you’re not crashing, you’re not going fast enough”
- Edwards: “The few years I had with Valentino were awesome”
- Moto2™/Moto3™ Barcelona test photo gallery
- De Puniet looking forward to a “great fight” in MotoE™
- Round 2: the British Talent Cup touches down in Donington
- Moto2™ and Moto3™ finish first day of testing in Barcelona
- “Our priority is Pecco and Miller, but Miller doesn't agree”