The second day at San Marino GP started really well for Augusto Fernández, who showed his good feeling with both the bike and the Misano Circuit in the morning, after finishing the last free practice in the second position and feeling confident to face the qualifying practice.
However, in the afternoon, Pons HP 40 rider had to face some difficulties, that didn’t allow him to repeat the good position from the morning. In fact, the Spaniard admitted that maybe he didn’t manage to take advantage from the key moments of the session with the new tyres.
Despite this, he finished the session with a fastest lap of 1:37:826 and tomorrow he will be in the twelfth position at the starting grid, with a good rhythm that should allow him to fight for the first positions in the 25-lap Moto2 race that starts at 12:20.
Augusto Fernández #40 – 12th, 1:37.826 (+0.705)
“It was a pretty hard qualifying practice. In the morning we took a step forward with the bike, as I was feeling comfortable and the good times came quite easily. In the afternoon, I was expecting to repeat that, but maybe I cooled down during the key moments of the session. The most important thing is that we have good rhythm to be with the first riders, because many of the riders that got a better qualifying place just completed one fast lap. I hope to make both a good start and a good race tomorrow”.
- Dalla Porta: Moto3™’s unluckiest man?
- Aprilia, KTM continue testing in Barcelona
- That's a wrap: MotoE™ complete Valencia Test
- Double top ten for KTM, Pol 20 seconds closer to winner
- Suited, not booted: Riders celebrate #MotoGP70
- Photo gallery: MotoE™ race simulation
- Granado edges Garzo in MotoE™ simulation race
- So near and not so far away