The San Marino GP saw another Saturday afternoon double for Ducati with Italian machinery in the top two positions on the grid at Misano, although only one of them was a factory bike.
Jorge Lorenzo took his second straight pole position, despite not being able to take full benefit of it at Silverstone, and is joined on the front row by Independent team rider Jack Miller, his best qualifying result since his pole at Argentina.
Maverick Viñales completes the front row with Andrea Dovizioso, Marc Márquez and Cal Crutchlow behind him. With fourteen riders inside the same second, the San Marino GP promises to be as close as ever.
The Ángel Nieto Team will start the San Marino GP from the fifth row of the grid with Álvaro Bautista and the eighth for teammate Karel Abraham. The Spaniard was unable to improve his best time from yesterday in free practice and progress directly to Q2 and in Q1 he again finished just a couple of tenths short.
Despite that, Bautista is still aiming for a top ten finish tomorrow with a good start.
15th Álvaro Bautista 1:32.792:
“The pace is very fast, inside the lap record, and the times are close. I’ve also done my best ever laps here. This morning we were unable to test some of the things we wanted to and this afternoon we were focused on tyres, making sure the soft can last race distance. We have to improve a little the feeling with the bike, especially in mid-corner, because I am struggling to stay on line. It will be tough because track conditions are constantly changing but we will do our best. I’m hoping for a good start and a strong race to the top ten. When not everything is right, that’s a good target to have.”
- Fabio Quartararo shares his secrets to a fast lap
- KTM, Red Bull and Ajo Motorsport to continue collaboration
- Dovi v Marc VI, and how to accidentally join Rossi's Academy
- The stakes are high… The 2019 Final Draft starts now!
- Smith to replace Pawi at Petronas for British GP
- Introducing the new BMW M8 MotoGP™Safety Car
- Miller renews with Pramac Racing for 2020
- Poncharal: Oliveira top 10 "like a dream come true"