Jorge Martin claimed today the eighth pole position of the season after a last-minute spectacular attempt to log a record time of 1’41.823 before crossing the finish line ahead of his friend Rodrigo and Canet. In not even two seasons, the Spanish rider #88 reaches an incredible tally of 17 pole positions – the same number achieved by Fausto Gresini in his career as motorcycle racer.
After making the most of Rodrigo’s slipstream, Martin will try tomorrow to score what would be his sixth win of the season, with the hope to make some ground to the top – as Bezzecchi was only sixth today with a half-second gap.
Team Del Conca Gresini Moto3 showed some muscle here at Misano, with the welcome presence of motorcycle racing legend Kevin Schwantz in the team garage to celebrate Jorge Martin’s eighth pole position of the season.
“We worked hard to figure out the best tyre choice for the race and then we tried to set the fastest possible lap-time. It wasn’t easy with that heat. I was able to get behind Gabriel (Rodrigo) on the last lap and fortunately for me he was one of the fastest guys out there – so I must thank him because he helped me a lot in securing my eighth pole position of the season.”
- Moto2™: Victory the next step for man of the moment Navarro?
- “If you’re not crashing, you’re not going fast enough”
- Edwards: “The few years I had with Valentino were awesome”
- Moto2™/Moto3™ Barcelona test photo gallery
- De Puniet looking forward to a “great fight” in MotoE™
- Round 2: the British Talent Cup touches down in Donington
- Moto2™ and Moto3™ finish first day of testing in Barcelona
- “Our priority is Pecco and Miller, but Miller doesn't agree”