The expected rain finally did not come on Saturday at San Marino Grand Prix on the iconic Misano World Circuit Marco Simoncelli.
Despite the sunshine, Sam Lowes and Iker Lecuona struggled in qualifying. Iker Lecuona kept working on the set-up of his KTM. Although he has managed to be quicker than in Friday, the Spaniard is determined to take advantage of the warm-up to make some last tweaks in preparation for the race which will start at 12:20 pm.
Iker Lecuona (18th – 1’38.010):
“It was a difficult day. Since the beginning of the weekend, I have had a strange feeling on the bike. My feelings were better this morning, but my lap times remained similar. In qualifying, I was faster and I was nearly a second faster than on Friday. I could have grabbed a few more tenths, which would have allowed me to get closer. I’m sorry for the team, because everyone gave everything. We will take advantage of the warm-up to be in a good mood for the race.”
- 2019 is here: 10 talking points to the Valencia Test
- Best photos: Valencia GP
- High 5: Rins secures fifth podium of 2018 in Valencia
- Pol Espargaro: “I cannot believe it. This is crazy”
- Dovi wins two-part race as Espargaro claims first KTM podium
- Perfect 2018 ending for Oliveira in dramatic Moto2™ finale
- Can Öncü stuns the field to create Grand Prix history
- Marquez 0.805 clear in rain-soaked Valencia Warm Up