The expected rain finally did not come on Saturday at San Marino Grand Prix on the iconic Misano World Circuit Marco Simoncelli.
Despite the sunshine, Sam Lowes and Iker Lecuona struggled in qualifying. Iker Lecuona kept working on the set-up of his KTM. Although he has managed to be quicker than in Friday, the Spaniard is determined to take advantage of the warm-up to make some last tweaks in preparation for the race which will start at 12:20 pm.
Iker Lecuona (18th – 1’38.010):
“It was a difficult day. Since the beginning of the weekend, I have had a strange feeling on the bike. My feelings were better this morning, but my lap times remained similar. In qualifying, I was faster and I was nearly a second faster than on Friday. I could have grabbed a few more tenths, which would have allowed me to get closer. I’m sorry for the team, because everyone gave everything. We will take advantage of the warm-up to be in a good mood for the race.”
- Moto2™: Victory the next step for man of the moment Navarro?
- “If you’re not crashing, you’re not going fast enough”
- Edwards: “The few years I had with Valentino were awesome”
- Moto2™/Moto3™ Barcelona test photo gallery
- De Puniet looking forward to a “great fight” in MotoE™
- Round 2: the British Talent Cup touches down in Donington
- Moto2™ and Moto3™ finish first day of testing in Barcelona
- “Our priority is Pecco and Miller, but Miller doesn't agree”