The expected rain finally did not come on Saturday at San Marino Grand Prix on the iconic Misano World Circuit Marco Simoncelli.
Despite the sunshine, Sam Lowes and Iker Lecuona struggled in qualifying. Iker Lecuona kept working on the set-up of his KTM. Although he has managed to be quicker than in Friday, the Spaniard is determined to take advantage of the warm-up to make some last tweaks in preparation for the race which will start at 12:20 pm.
Iker Lecuona (18th – 1’38.010):
“It was a difficult day. Since the beginning of the weekend, I have had a strange feeling on the bike. My feelings were better this morning, but my lap times remained similar. In qualifying, I was faster and I was nearly a second faster than on Friday. I could have grabbed a few more tenths, which would have allowed me to get closer. I’m sorry for the team, because everyone gave everything. We will take advantage of the warm-up to be in a good mood for the race.”
- A new era: Triumph Moto2™ engine handover
- 2019 Aprilia will be ready for Valencia test
- Best photos: Aragon GP
- Rossi: “In the afternoon we suffered more”
- Provisional 2019 team entries released
- 5 keys to Aragon… by Fonsi Nieto
- Bagnaia tops FP2, Schrötter remains quickest overall
- Marquez resists Ducati charge on Day 1