Federal Oil Gresini Moto2’s Jorge Navarro will line up on the second row of the grid for the thirteenth race of the 2018 Moto2 World Championship after finishing sixth in today’s qualifying session for the middleweight class of MotoGP at Misano.
In a qualifying session that was largely affected by high temperatures and crashes, Navarro was smart in going for a quick lap straight away and logged a 1’37.632secs time after only three laps, when conditions were likely more favourable – and was eventually half a second shy of pole position.
With a very encouraging race pace up his sleeve, Jorge Navarro will get ready to go for what would be the first podium of his Moto2 career, with the race getting underway tomorrow at 12:20 local time (GMT +2).
6th – JORGE NAVARRO #9
“This morning we completed the work we should have done yesterday afternoon during FP2 and, despite the track conditions, we knew what kind of direction we should have taken. At the beginning I felt immediately at ease with the bike and I think I could have been even quicker. Sixth place on the grid is a good result nevertheless, as we know we have a good race pace (1’38.0-1’38.1) with a set-up that is slightly different to what we’re used to. We will try to put together a get race!”
- Forbes announces MotoGP™ doctors amongst the best in Spain
- Jordi Torres joins the MotoE™ World Cup
- MotoE™ calendar change: Le Mans replaced by Valencia
- 2019 sees lowest crash tally since 2015
- myWorld Motorrad GP von Österreich voted best of 2019
- Zarco: "Ducati convinced me!"
- Zaccone completes team Trentino Gresini line-up for 2020
- "We made a big impact before we even went out on track"