A very satisfying weekend draws to a close at Misano for Team Del Conca Gresini Moto3 with both standard bearers on the podium as Jorge Martin and Fabio Di Giannantonio are second and third, respectively, at the finish line of a heated Moto3 race.
The battle for the win went down to the wire, but the outcome could have gone a lot different in two separate occasions when first Canet and Bastianini and then Bezzecchi all crashed out of the race; both times the two Gresini Racing riders managed to avoid being taken out and therefore could play their cards at the last turn.
Jorge Martin crossed the line in second place at the end #SanMarinoGP encounter to claim 20 crucial points that allow the young Spaniard to return on top of the standings with an eight-point margin on Marco Bezzecchi.
“I must admit that after warm up I was not too confident as I wasn’t feeling too comfortable on the bike. Things imprtoved during the race, though: I saw that Enea and Canet were out of action so I saw it as an opportunity to pull away at least from them in the standings. Then Bezzecchi’s mistake has played to our advantage, obviously, even though I was almost going down myself.”
- New expanded format for British Talent Cup announced
- Ogden emerges victorious in dramatic Race 2 at Donington
- Horsman beats Ogden to the top step in Race 1
- Moto2™: Victory the next step for man of the moment Navarro?
- “If you’re not crashing, you’re not going fast enough”
- Edwards: “The few years I had with Valentino were awesome”
- Moto2™/Moto3™ Barcelona test photo gallery
- De Puniet looking forward to a “great fight” in MotoE™