A very satisfying weekend draws to a close at Misano for Team Del Conca Gresini Moto3 with both standard bearers on the podium as Jorge Martin and Fabio Di Giannantonio are second and third, respectively, at the finish line of a heated Moto3 race.
The battle for the win went down to the wire, but the outcome could have gone a lot different in two separate occasions when first Canet and Bastianini and then Bezzecchi all crashed out of the race; both times the two Gresini Racing riders managed to avoid being taken out and therefore could play their cards at the last turn.
Jorge Martin crossed the line in second place at the end #SanMarinoGP encounter to claim 20 crucial points that allow the young Spaniard to return on top of the standings with an eight-point margin on Marco Bezzecchi.
“I must admit that after warm up I was not too confident as I wasn’t feeling too comfortable on the bike. Things imprtoved during the race, though: I saw that Enea and Canet were out of action so I saw it as an opportunity to pull away at least from them in the standings. Then Bezzecchi’s mistake has played to our advantage, obviously, even though I was almost going down myself.”
- Quartararo "satisfied" with rollercoaster debut weekend
- It’s a triumph!
- Countdown to SHARK Helmets Grand Prix de France is on!
- Aleix races the Cape Epic ahead of Argentina
- Open-door policy: who are the FIM?
- Top five youngest Japanese race winners
- Dall’Igna: “We were a bit perplexed”
- Buasri rules Buriram in dramatic Race 2