A very satisfying weekend draws to a close at Misano for Team Del Conca Gresini Moto3 with both standard bearers on the podium as Jorge Martin and Fabio Di Giannantonio are second and third, respectively, at the finish line of a heated Moto3 race.
The battle for the win went down to the wire, but the outcome could have gone a lot different in two separate occasions when first Canet and Bastianini and then Bezzecchi all crashed out of the race; both times the two Gresini Racing riders managed to avoid being taken out and therefore could play their cards at the last turn.
Jorge Martin crossed the line in second place at the end #SanMarinoGP encounter to claim 20 crucial points that allow the young Spaniard to return on top of the standings with an eight-point margin on Marco Bezzecchi.
“I must admit that after warm up I was not too confident as I wasn’t feeling too comfortable on the bike. Things imprtoved during the race, though: I saw that Enea and Canet were out of action so I saw it as an opportunity to pull away at least from them in the standings. Then Bezzecchi’s mistake has played to our advantage, obviously, even though I was almost going down myself.”
- Best photos: Valencia GP
- High 5: Rins secures fifth podium of 2019 in Valencia
- Pol Espargaro: “I cannot believe it. This is crazy”
- Dovi wins two-part race as Espargaro claims first KTM podium
- Perfect 2018 ending for Oliveira in dramatic Moto2™ finale
- Can Öncü stuns the field to create Grand Prix history
- Marquez 0.805 clear in rain-soaked Valencia Warm Up
- Lowes takes Sunday morning honours in Valencia