Lorenzo dalla Porta took his first career win at the San Marino GP, where he was accompanied on the podium by teammates Jorge Martín and Fabio di Giannantonio. The Moto3 race at Misano was marked by two major incidents – the first coming early in the race with five riders involved and breaking up the lead group. Bulega, Bastianini, Sasaki, Canet and Masiá were left out of the race, leaving Dalla Porta, Martín, Di Giannantonio, Rodrigo and Bezzecchi at the front. Bezzecchi then crashed with a couple of laps remaining, handing the championship lead back to Jorge Martín by eight points with six races remaining.
There was a double top ten for the Gaviota Ángel Nieto Team at the San Marino GP, with Albert Arenas taking sixth place after a tough fight in the second group, whilst Andrea Migno was just two seconds behind in ninth place. The Spaniard had to recover from a lowly grid position and then lost touch with the lead group after an early incident in the race that involved five riders. From that point the battle in the second group was for sixth place, which Arenas came out on top of and is now eleventh in the championship.
6th Albert Arenas:
“I am happy with the race and the work we have done this weekend. We struggled a little in qualifying and that cost us over the early laps because I was too far back when the group split. I wasn’t able to close the gap and my race became a fight for sixth place. I had a good battle and in the end I crossed the line in sixth. We will keep working at Aragón. Home races are always special.”
- Fabio Quartararo shares his secrets to a fast lap
- KTM, Red Bull and Ajo Motorsport to continue collaboration
- Dovi v Marc VI, and how to accidentally join Rossi's Academy
- The stakes are high… The 2019 Final Draft starts now!
- Smith to replace Pawi at Petronas for British GP
- Introducing the new BMW M8 MotoGP™Safety Car
- Miller renews with Pramac Racing for 2020
- Poncharal: Oliveira top 10 "like a dream come true"