After a great opening day, Sam Lowes and Iker Lecuona were expecting a little bit more from the qualifying session of the Aragon Grand Prix at the MotorLand circuit.
Iker Lecuona, who was 13th in the final free practice, managed to take almost two tenths of his fastest time of the weekend to secure a place on the fifth row of the grid. The Spaniard, who was happy with the second day in Alcañiz, is looking forward to getting closer to the top on Sunday.
Iker Lecuona (13th – 1’53.681):
“I am very happy. During the last free practice session, I used the hard tyre and managed to set consistent lap times. In qualifying, I was even faster, despite much higher temperatures. I’m still losing time on the acceleration, but my pace is fast. This is a good weekend for me so far.”
- The Nick Harris blog: Marc and Mike
- Changes to Moto2™ and Moto3™ regulations announced
- Cool-FAB Racing title goes to the final round
- Race 2 from Global Series Round 1: exciting and dramatic
- Fulfilled dream fuels Quartararo’s belief in beating Marquez
- Yamaha on song at Misano
- Re-live all the action from the 2019 Global Series Race 1
- Quartararo: one of the best rookies ever?