After a great opening day, Sam Lowes and Iker Lecuona were expecting a little bit more from the qualifying session of the Aragon Grand Prix at the MotorLand circuit.
Iker Lecuona, who was 13th in the final free practice, managed to take almost two tenths of his fastest time of the weekend to secure a place on the fifth row of the grid. The Spaniard, who was happy with the second day in Alcañiz, is looking forward to getting closer to the top on Sunday.
Iker Lecuona (13th – 1’53.681):
“I am very happy. During the last free practice session, I used the hard tyre and managed to set consistent lap times. In qualifying, I was even faster, despite much higher temperatures. I’m still losing time on the acceleration, but my pace is fast. This is a good weekend for me so far.”
- Midday: Dovizioso currently P1 as Qatar Test begins
- Moto2™, Moto3™ Official Jerez Test photo gallery
- Ogura, McPhee and Rodrigo set 1:44s at Jerez Test
- Lap record sees Lüthi end Jerez Test at the summit
- Photo gallery: Aprilia's 2020 launch
- Espargaro, Iannone and Smith unveil 2020 Aprilia colours
- Last call for preseason: the Qatar Test lights up Losail
- Bezzecchi beats rookie Canet to Day 2 top spot