Ducati repeated their feat from free practice with five riders in the top ten at Motorland in qualifying, but this time taking top spot too. Jorge Lorenzo repeated his pole from Misano by just 0.014 seconds from his teammate Andrea Dovizioso, with Marc Márquez completing a front row that seem much stronger than the rest of the field here.
Fourth placed Cal Crutchlow was two tenths adrift despite a late crash, ahead of Andrea Iannone and Dani Pedrosa on row two.
Álvaro Bautista and the Comapa Ángel Nieto Team enjoyed their best qualifying session of the season with eighth place, one better than they achieved in the German GP.
The Spanish rider worked with his crew to find an optimum set-up that allowed him to lap eight tenths off pole and gives him hope of running with the front group tomorrow.
8th Álvaro Bautista 1:47.678:
“We have to be happy with this result because we have done a good job and I improved in the areas we wanted to improve. We have ridden with race rubber and when we put fresh tyres in I was able to make the most of them and set a good lap, which gave us our best grid of the year. Hopefully now I can have a good race in front of the Spanish fans and a finish close to the top five would be a good result.”
- Asymmetric front and rear tyres brought to Valencia
- 2020 Idemitsu Asia Talent Cup entry list revealed
- #2020: title contenders galore
- Nick Harris: Valencia vibes
- Time schedule: Gran Premio Motul de la Comunitat Valenciana
- Final showdown: MotoE™ back in action at Valencia
- Mastering ‘The Island’: The most spectacular setting
- Last stop Valencia: 2019 set to go out with a bang