Augusto Fernández has been able to enjoy two new practice and Qualifying sessions in the MotorLand circuit under intense sun and heat today.
Augusto has taken that step forward that he had hoped for following yesterday’s sessions. After a good last free practice, the Spanish rider went into the timed Qualifying with the intention of being among the fastest in the category. As a result, he start from the eleventh position with a best time of 1: 53.671.
Tomorrow’s race, scheduled for 21 laps, will begin at 12:20 and will be the last before starting the Asian tour.
Augusto Fernández, 11th, 1: 53.671 (+0.522)
“Well, it’s been a pretty positive day, although I’m not totally happy. We are getting closer and getting out from the eleventh position is a good result, although today I expected more since I felt strong and able to get it, but we had a mistake in the choice of tires and just when riding the second tire I have fallen. Despite this, we came close to the first, we are good pace and making a good start we will be with them. “
- Bradl testing a RC213V in Jerez
- 25 years: Repsol Honda present 2019 bike in Madrid
- Ducati evolution gallery: 2003-2019
- Follow the Repsol Honda Team presentation live!
- Pawi: “My intention is to completely change my mentality”
- Lorenzo completes operation and will miss the Sepang test
- KymiRing edges closer to completion
- 2019 MotoGP™ calendar confirmed!