Augusto Fernández has been able to enjoy two new practice and Qualifying sessions in the MotorLand circuit under intense sun and heat today.
Augusto has taken that step forward that he had hoped for following yesterday’s sessions. After a good last free practice, the Spanish rider went into the timed Qualifying with the intention of being among the fastest in the category. As a result, he start from the eleventh position with a best time of 1: 53.671.
Tomorrow’s race, scheduled for 21 laps, will begin at 12:20 and will be the last before starting the Asian tour.
Augusto Fernández, 11th, 1: 53.671 (+0.522)
“Well, it’s been a pretty positive day, although I’m not totally happy. We are getting closer and getting out from the eleventh position is a good result, although today I expected more since I felt strong and able to get it, but we had a mistake in the choice of tires and just when riding the second tire I have fallen. Despite this, we came close to the first, we are good pace and making a good start we will be with them. “
- Forbes announces MotoGP™ doctors amongst the best in Spain
- Jordi Torres joins the MotoE™ World Cup
- MotoE™ calendar change: Le Mans replaced by Valencia
- 2019 sees lowest crash tally since 2015
- myWorld Motorrad GP von Österreich voted best of 2019
- Zarco: "Ducati convinced me!"
- Zaccone completes team Trentino Gresini line-up for 2020
- "We made a big impact before we even went out on track"