Augusto Fernández has been able to enjoy two new practice and Qualifying sessions in the MotorLand circuit under intense sun and heat today.
Augusto has taken that step forward that he had hoped for following yesterday’s sessions. After a good last free practice, the Spanish rider went into the timed Qualifying with the intention of being among the fastest in the category. As a result, he start from the eleventh position with a best time of 1: 53.671.
Tomorrow’s race, scheduled for 21 laps, will begin at 12:20 and will be the last before starting the Asian tour.
Augusto Fernández, 11th, 1: 53.671 (+0.522)
“Well, it’s been a pretty positive day, although I’m not totally happy. We are getting closer and getting out from the eleventh position is a good result, although today I expected more since I felt strong and able to get it, but we had a mistake in the choice of tires and just when riding the second tire I have fallen. Despite this, we came close to the first, we are good pace and making a good start we will be with them. “
- ‘Fast’ Freddie’s extraordinary career in his words
- Junior Talent Team raring to race in 2019
- Quartararo "satisfied" with rollercoaster debut weekend
- It’s a triumph!
- Countdown to SHARK Helmets Grand Prix de France is on!
- Aleix races the Cape Epic ahead of Argentina
- Open-door policy: who are the FIM?
- Top five youngest Japanese race winners