The MotorLand Aragon has always been very kind to Jorge Navarro, and numbers do not lie: a first-row start in 2016, two podiums including a race win in the two-year period 2015-2016 and last year his best result as a Moto2 rookie (6th).
Today, the Spanish rider of team Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 has enjoyed a superb qualifying session as he made the most of the only opportunity he had for a quick-lap with the right set of tyres; Jorge logged a 1’53.257secs lap time that was enough for him to clinch a front-row start for tomorrow’s Moto2 race.
With a race pace that will range between the high 1’53secs and the mid-high 1’54secs at the end of the race, Navarro is looking forward to battling for his first Moto2 rostrum finish on a track that will give him the perfect opportunity to achieve his goal. With clear track ahead, the rider #9 will spearhead his attack from 12:20 local time (GMT +2).
3rd – JORGE NAVARRO #9
“Finally a good result! Aragon is a track I like a lot: I won here before as well as qualifying on the front row, and now it’s the time to do well in Moto2, too. This first row is good, but I could have finished even higher… In any case we worked well session after session by improving our set-up consistently. It’s a pity that we only had one rear tyre number three, and because of that we had to go for the quick-lap attempt immediately. I think it will be a hard-fought race; many of us have a great rhythm, but I think our maiden podium is within reach.”
- Aron Canet signs with Angel Nieto squad for 2020 Moto2™
- "It’s good to be back" – Lorenzo ahead of Silverstone return
- Joan Mir to miss the British Grand Prix
- History made at the KymiRing MotoGP™ Test
- Best photos: KymiRing MotoGP™ Test
- “It’s a dream come true” – MotoGP™ authorities on KymiRing
- Everyone's a winner: vast and fast, Silverstone awaits
- Marquez vs Moto2™: can the field triumph over the form man?