After an exciting Qualifying for the Grand Prix of Aragon, Xavi Vierge tackles his home race from row four.
Xavi Vierge made a good start into the qualifying on the 5.1 kilometer circuit and, like his team-mate, set a very fast time right in his first flying lap. However, during the session, he did not succeed in improving his lap of 1’53.676 after getting traction problems. The Spaniard dropped back to 12th position, but only half a second behind the top, where he wants to be part of in tomorrow’s 21-lap race.
I rode all FP3 with used tyres and we had a really good rhythm. Then in Qualifying I expected a little bit more but it was difficult. The first few laps weren’t so bad but then I lost the traction. We tried something during the Qualifying, which unfortunately didn’t work any better. Anyway, fourth row is not too bad to start the race but it will be a long race for sure. My times are quite good now, that’s not a problem anymore and I am happy with this. Now we have to work on making that last adjustment and the step forward and try to fight with the top guys tomorrow.
- The Nick Harris blog: Marc and Mike
- Changes to Moto2™ and Moto3™ regulations announced
- Cool-FAB Racing title goes to the final round
- Race 2 from Global Series Round 1: exciting and dramatic
- Fulfilled dream fuels Quartararo’s belief in beating Marquez
- Yamaha on song at Misano
- Re-live all the action from the 2019 Global Series Race 1
- Quartararo: one of the best rookies ever?