After an exciting Qualifying for the Grand Prix of Aragon, Xavi Vierge tackles his home race from row four.
Xavi Vierge made a good start into the qualifying on the 5.1 kilometer circuit and, like his team-mate, set a very fast time right in his first flying lap. However, during the session, he did not succeed in improving his lap of 1’53.676 after getting traction problems. The Spaniard dropped back to 12th position, but only half a second behind the top, where he wants to be part of in tomorrow’s 21-lap race.
I rode all FP3 with used tyres and we had a really good rhythm. Then in Qualifying I expected a little bit more but it was difficult. The first few laps weren’t so bad but then I lost the traction. We tried something during the Qualifying, which unfortunately didn’t work any better. Anyway, fourth row is not too bad to start the race but it will be a long race for sure. My times are quite good now, that’s not a problem anymore and I am happy with this. Now we have to work on making that last adjustment and the step forward and try to fight with the top guys tomorrow.
- New expanded format for British Talent Cup announced
- Ogden emerges victorious in dramatic Race 2 at Donington
- Horsman beats Ogden to the top step in Race 1
- Moto2™: Victory the next step for man of the moment Navarro?
- “If you’re not crashing, you’re not going fast enough”
- Edwards: “The few years I had with Valentino were awesome”
- Moto2™/Moto3™ Barcelona test photo gallery
- De Puniet looking forward to a “great fight” in MotoE™