After joining the Pons HP 40 squad a the Grand Prix of Catalunya, Augusto Fernández will continue to race for the team headed by Sito Pons next season.
His good adaptation to the bike and the team, has allowed both Augusto and the squad to evolve with each round across 2018, approaching the objectives set at the beginning, and this progress forms the basis of wanting to continue this project together, and that will surely bring results
Sito Pons, Team Principal
“We are very happy with the renewal of Augusto, he is a young, talented, fast driver who has adapted very well to the bike and the human group, we gave him the opportunity mid-season and we understand that to see the results that We hope it was important to extend that contract and we have done so, I am sure that in his second season in the team he will give us many joys and we will achieve great successes, and together with Baldasarri we are sure that we will have an ideal team to fight for the world championship Thank you once again to the sponsors who give continuity to the project since we are sure that it will give us many satisfactions “.
“I am very happy to have renewed with the team and I want to thank you again for the opportunity, I think it will be a great year since we are working very well this season, I feel very good with the team and I can continue the project. To see a dream come true, to be grateful for the support of Sito and the sponsors that make it possible and now he will be working more than ever and returning that trust placed in me in the form of results fighting in the front positions “.
- "We made a big impact before we even went out on track"
- Di Meglio to continue with Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS
- Zarco to Avintia: a gallery of the Frenchman's career
- Zarco joins Reale Avintia Racing for 2020
- John Hopkins set to work as American Racing rider coach
- Road to MotoGP™: a thriving feeder to the World stage
- Buriram tops 2019 spectator billing
- Regulation changes: testing, wildcards and wet race starts