The first-ever race day for the Moto3 World Championship was an excellent one for Team Del Conca Gresini Moto3 and Fabio Di Giannantonio, who won his second race of the season – and his career – while Jorge Martin narrowly missed out on a podium in what was a very complicated day for him.
Jorge Martin was also part of that group, after the Spaniard was even down to 18th: the series leader did a great job in not losing focus and stayed away from trouble; he also took advantage of a coming together between Bastianini and Bezzecchi to move up to fourth and extend his championship lead to 26 points.
Team Del Conca Gresini Moto3 will now turn their attention on the Japanese event, which could give them the team World Championship title: with 100 points still to be awarded, the Gresini effort is 99 points ahead of main rival PruestelGP in second.
4th – JORGE MARTIN #88
“What a crazy weekend! I wasn’t completely comfortable with the bike, but also what happened wth the clinica was absolutely unexpected. I still cannot open my hand due to the nerve, so using the clutch was very, very difficult. We had to manufacture a special glove in order for me to change gears, which was a work of art. Yesterday I thought about not racing and sit out the race, but then I saw a couple of crashes and thought about riding through pain and discomfort – and it went well.”
- Dalla Porta: Moto3™’s unluckiest man?
- Aprilia, KTM continue testing in Barcelona
- That's a wrap: MotoE™ complete Valencia Test
- Double top ten for KTM, Pol 20 seconds closer to winner
- Suited, not booted: Riders celebrate #MotoGP70
- Photo gallery: MotoE™ race simulation
- Granado edges Garzo in MotoE™ simulation race
- So near and not so far away