The pendulum swung in Moto3 today, and after Jorge Martín picked up fourth place with a hand injury in Thailand as Marco Bezzecchi crashed on the final lap, in Japan it was the Italian who benefited as Martín went down in the final stages of the race. Bezzecchi took advantage to claim his third win of the season, meaning just one point separate him and Martín with three races remaining. True next one takes place iN a week’s time in Australia, where Lorenzo dalla Porta and Darryn Binder will head with high hopes after their podium finishes in Motegi.
The Ángel Nieto Team scores three points in the Grand Prix of Japan thanks to Andrea Migno, who picked up thirteenth position in a race that saw Albert Arenas crash out of sixth place. The Spaniard was confident after setting a strong pace all weekend in Motegi but with him out of action Andrea Migno was able to compete in the second group and make up positions from eighteenth on the grid to finish thirteenth. The Ángel Nieto Team now head to Australia.
Albert Arenas (DNF):
“I am sorry about the crash because I have felt strong all weekend and also in the race, but I made a mistake under braking and lost the front. We have to learn for the future but we have three races left this season to do that. I knew I was strong and pushed too hard but I am sure we will learn. I am sorry to the team and I want to make it up to them.”
- Ducati evolution gallery: 2003-2019
- Follow the Repsol Honda Team presentation live!
- Pawi: “My intention is to completely change my mentality”
- Lorenzo completes operation and will miss the Sepang test
- KymiRing edges closer to completion
- 2019 MotoGP™ calendar confirmed!
- “Casa Marco Simoncelli” opens its doors
- Lorenzo to undergo surgery after training accident