The Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS rider scored valuable championship points with a brave performance while teammate Joan Mir came in twelfth position.
In near perfect conditions Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS riders Alex Marquez and Joan Mir contested round 16 of the Moto2 World Championship at a sunny and calm Twin Ring Motegi.
Alex Marquez set the scene for a strong race with the fourth fastest time in the warm-up in advance of the 22 lap race. Ignoring the setback of a bruising highside crash on Friday Marquez made a fast start to be fifth on lap one before settling in ninth place. Marquez saved his best for the second half of the race to surge back to fifth and finished just 0.5s out of fourth. He is fifth in the standings with 137 points.
The next Moto2 World Championship race will be held from October 26 to 28 at the Phillip Island in Australia.
Alex Marquez:“I am really happy to finish this race and especially to be fifth after making some small mistakes in the beginning and dropping back while not being aggressive and passed by many riders. I am happy with the work of the team to build up my confidence, it was not easy from what happened on Friday.”
Search the Website
- ‘Fast’ Freddie’s extraordinary career in his words
- Junior Talent Team raring to race in 2019
- Quartararo "satisfied" with rollercoaster debut weekend
- It’s a triumph!
- Countdown to SHARK Helmets Grand Prix de France is on!
- Aleix races the Cape Epic ahead of Argentina
- Open-door policy: who are the FIM?
- Top five youngest Japanese race winners