Motegi was not a lucky place for Team Del Conca Gresini Moto3, who leave Japan with no points after the crashes involving first Fabio Di Gianantonio and then Jorge Martin. It was a difficult Moto3 race for the two Gresini standard bearers, who were on the chase of the well-performing KTMs; the only good news of the day come from the hospital bed.
Jorge Martin also had an unlucky performance which culminated in a crash at turn 11 which gave Bezzecchi a clear track ahead to the win. The two are now separated by only one point at the top of the standings.
The focus will now turn on Phillip Island, a track that should suit better the characteristics of the Honda machines ridden by Martin and Diggia. The battle to maintain the leadership in the rider and team standings will be as heated up as ever.
N.C. JORGE MARTIN #88
“What a real shame! I was feeling good in the race and I think I had a bit more at the end to be able to battle for the win. To be fighting with all the KTMs wasn’t easy today and things went the way they did. We are still in the lead and now our only focus is on Phillip Island. This is all-time favourite track. I’ve always been very fast there and I’m sure that it’s a track that suits our bike well with its fast corners. We will battle for the win there.”
- Bradl testing a RC213V in Jerez
- 25 years: Repsol Honda present 2019 bike in Madrid
- Ducati evolution gallery: 2003-2019
- Follow the Repsol Honda Team presentation live!
- Pawi: “My intention is to completely change my mentality”
- Lorenzo completes operation and will miss the Sepang test
- KymiRing edges closer to completion
- 2019 MotoGP™ calendar confirmed!