Motegi was not a lucky place for Team Del Conca Gresini Moto3, who leave Japan with no points after the crashes involving first Fabio Di Gianantonio and then Jorge Martin. It was a difficult Moto3 race for the two Gresini standard bearers, who were on the chase of the well-performing KTMs; the only good news of the day come from the hospital bed.
Jorge Martin also had an unlucky performance which culminated in a crash at turn 11 which gave Bezzecchi a clear track ahead to the win. The two are now separated by only one point at the top of the standings.
The focus will now turn on Phillip Island, a track that should suit better the characteristics of the Honda machines ridden by Martin and Diggia. The battle to maintain the leadership in the rider and team standings will be as heated up as ever.
N.C. JORGE MARTIN #88
“What a real shame! I was feeling good in the race and I think I had a bit more at the end to be able to battle for the win. To be fighting with all the KTMs wasn’t easy today and things went the way they did. We are still in the lead and now our only focus is on Phillip Island. This is all-time favourite track. I’ve always been very fast there and I’m sure that it’s a track that suits our bike well with its fast corners. We will battle for the win there.”
- ‘Fast’ Freddie’s extraordinary career in his words
- Junior Talent Team raring to race in 2019
- Quartararo "satisfied" with rollercoaster debut weekend
- It’s a triumph!
- Countdown to SHARK Helmets Grand Prix de France is on!
- Aleix races the Cape Epic ahead of Argentina
- Open-door policy: who are the FIM?
- Top five youngest Japanese race winners