The Sunday of the Japanese Grand Prix weekend at the Motegi Twin Ring track was very positive for the Pons HP 40 squad, culminating a very good race for Augusto Fernandez, finishing sixth.
Augusto knew that if he made a good start he had rhythm to be in the first or second group.
Fernández finished the first lap in 12th position, and little by little improved his pace to reach the group that fought for fourth position, finally finishing sixth and thus achieving his best result in the world championship.
Augusto Fernández, 6th, +12.701
“I am very happy with this sixth position. We knew that at the beginning it would cost us since we did not have a feeling with the new tire. I started badly but I was able to overcome until I reached the group that was fighting for the podium. Once there I had a couple of scares and I decided to settle for the sixth place, my best result. To thank the team and the important thing is that we are getting closer and closer to the first ones.”
- Fabio Quartararo shares his secrets to a fast lap
- KTM, Red Bull and Ajo Motorsport to continue collaboration
- Dovi v Marc VI, and how to accidentally join Rossi's Academy
- The stakes are high… The 2019 Final Draft starts now!
- Smith to replace Pawi at Petronas for British GP
- Introducing the new BMW M8 MotoGP™Safety Car
- Miller renews with Pramac Racing for 2020
- Poncharal: Oliveira top 10 "like a dream come true"