Álvaro Bautista scored a great result today, the Spanish rider finishing fourth at the chequered flag after a rather complicated race. Bautista, starting from row 4, managed to catch up with the leading group and then moved into second on lap 15. Álvaro continued to fight for the podium with Dovizioso, Iannone and Rossi but in the last few laps he lost contact with the two Italian riders and had to settle for a positive fourth place.
Once again the Ducati Team wishes to thank Jorge Martinez “Aspar”, the Angel Nieto Team and Álvaro Bautista for their goodwill.
The next round is the Shell Malaysia Grand Prix, scheduled for the Sepang International Circuit on 2-4 November.
Álvaro Bautista (Ducati Team #19) – 4th
“At the end of a difficult weekend in which I crashed three times, this fourth place is a great reward for me. To come into a new team and step onto a new bike at a circuit like this was for sure not going to be easy, but I think we’ve worked well together, making steps forward in every session. I started the race really focussed and relaxed because I had no real targets to aim for, except for enjoying riding the Desmosedici GP18. After quite a complicated start, I was able to soon catch up with the leading group and fight for the front positions. In the last few laps I made a few small mistakes and lost contact with Dovizioso and Iannone, but in any case I’m very happy with my overall result, especially for the team and for Ducati, whom I would like to thank once again for the trust they have shown in me.”
- 2020 MotoGP™ calendar officially confirmed
- What does 2020 hold for the manufacturers? Part 5: KTM
- Is 2020 MV Agusta’s time to shine again?
- What does 2020 hold for the manufacturers? Part 4: Suzuki
- Watch Ducati Team’s 2020 presentation LIVE!
- Belgian Motorcycle Academy joins the Road to MotoGP™
- Kornfeil announces retirement ahead of 2020 season
- Stoner auctions race-winning leathers for bushfire appeal