Álvaro Bautista scored a great result today, the Spanish rider finishing fourth at the chequered flag after a rather complicated race. Bautista, starting from row 4, managed to catch up with the leading group and then moved into second on lap 15. Álvaro continued to fight for the podium with Dovizioso, Iannone and Rossi but in the last few laps he lost contact with the two Italian riders and had to settle for a positive fourth place.
Once again the Ducati Team wishes to thank Jorge Martinez “Aspar”, the Angel Nieto Team and Álvaro Bautista for their goodwill.
The next round is the Shell Malaysia Grand Prix, scheduled for the Sepang International Circuit on 2-4 November.
Álvaro Bautista (Ducati Team #19) – 4th
“At the end of a difficult weekend in which I crashed three times, this fourth place is a great reward for me. To come into a new team and step onto a new bike at a circuit like this was for sure not going to be easy, but I think we’ve worked well together, making steps forward in every session. I started the race really focussed and relaxed because I had no real targets to aim for, except for enjoying riding the Desmosedici GP18. After quite a complicated start, I was able to soon catch up with the leading group and fight for the front positions. In the last few laps I made a few small mistakes and lost contact with Dovizioso and Iannone, but in any case I’m very happy with my overall result, especially for the team and for Ducati, whom I would like to thank once again for the trust they have shown in me.”
- Wild ride: milestones and titles on the Island
- Time schedule: Pramac Generac Australian Motorcycle GP
- Marquez on a mission: check or check mate in Australia?
- Dalla Porta faces first match point Down Under
- Lorenzo: "We've improved various areas"
- Take heart Fabio, at least it’s not another four years
- Crutchlow: "It was really difficult to manage"
- Australia joins the 2020 Idemitsu Asia Talent Cup calendar