If Di Giananntonio had nothing to lose, the same cannot be said for Jorge Martin. The early retirement of Bezzecchi halfway through the race has forced the Spaniard to aim at scoring as many points as he could without throwing away such a great opportunity. His race was not drama-free however – the coming together with Vietti being the riskiest moment – but the rider #88 managed to keep it on two wheels.
With today’s fifth-place finish, Martin extends his championship lead to 12 points over his nearest rival. Meanwhile, Team Del Conca Gresini Moto3 clinch their first award of the season by winning the special world championship classification for teams with two races still to be contested after amassing a 92-point margin over the team of Bezzecchi and Kornfeil.
5th– JORGE MARTIN #88
“What a crazy race! Honestly I think we did what we could: I wasn’t feeling good on the bike and I think we did something wrong with gearing. In any case we were able to be among the leading protagonists and now we hope to fix some issues before Malaysia, especially under braking. Sepang is a track I really love and one where I’ve always been strong: we will have our first match point there but we’ll keep focusing on winning the race and then we’ll see.”
- Bradl testing a RC213V in Jerez
- 25 years: Repsol Honda present 2019 bike in Madrid
- Ducati evolution gallery: 2003-2019
- Follow the Repsol Honda Team presentation live!
- Pawi: “My intention is to completely change my mentality”
- Lorenzo completes operation and will miss the Sepang test
- KymiRing edges closer to completion
- 2019 MotoGP™ calendar confirmed!