A wet track and a few drops of rain joined the Moto2 riders on Saturday morning for the final free practice session of the Valencia Grand Prix.
Iker Lecuona, on top on Friday, had more difficulty, especially in the afternoon. The Spaniard, who crashed, will finally line up in 21st position on the grid of his home race.
Iker Lecuona (21st – 1’36.671):
“I’m not very happy. I crashed during qualifying and lost a lot of time. My feeling with the bike on the dry was not good, with a lot of sliding and spinning. Tomorrow, the rain will be back and that’s the positive point, because my lap times are fast and consistent. Compared to the others, it is possible to have a good race tomorrow.”
- Ogden converts pole to victory in a tight season opener
- “Main goal is to secure a factory seat” – Miller
- British Talent Cup get set for Silverstone season opener
- “I knew he’d get there at some point, just not that quick!”
- Ducati’s double title charge
- Aprilia, Ducati, KTM, Suzuki and Yamaha go testing
- Josh Herrin nails down victory at COTA
- Puig: “We don’t know what happened to Lorenzo”