The +EGO Speed Up team’s riders, Jorge Navarro and Fabio Di Giannantonio, are determined to achieve positive results in the opening round of the Moto2 World Championship to be held under the spotlight of Losail International circuit at 6:20 pm (local time), in Qatar.
Today, for the first time, the Moto2 class faced the double qualification as the MotoGP class. Jorge Navarro reached the direct access to the Q2 thanks to the sixth time of the combined free practice. It was a qualifying little bit difficult for the number nine of the team that placed twelfth and will start tomorrow from the fourth row. Unfortunately, the feeling was not the same as the previous days and the wind made the driving conditions more difficult than usual, but in the race everything can change and he is determined to do so.
JORGE NAVARRO#9 – 12th in 1’59.325
“Today we continued to work according to how we had planned. In the fp3 there were not the right conditions to try and we could not get good solutions. Even in qualifying, unfortunately I could not give my best because of the strong wind that made the driving definitely more unstable. I’m not at all happy but we have to look ahead because we have had a good pace throughout the week and tomorrow in the race we can be competitive!”
- Horsman beats Ogden to the top step in Race 1
- Moto2™: Victory the next step for man of the moment Navarro?
- “If you’re not crashing, you’re not going fast enough”
- Edwards: “The few years I had with Valentino were awesome”
- Moto2™/Moto3™ Barcelona test photo gallery
- De Puniet looking forward to a “great fight” in MotoE™
- Round 2: the British Talent Cup touches down in Donington
- Moto2™ and Moto3™ finish first day of testing in Barcelona