Alonso Lopez was affected by the conditions in FP3 at Qatar, although he would set the fourth fastest time of the session with a 2:06.794.
The first Q1 session of the season started in a promising way, with Lopez amongst the frontrunners. However, his best lap was scrubbed for exceeding the track limits, and he encountered traffic on his hot lap that slowed him down, leaving him unable to make it into Q2.
Having set the seventh best time in Q1 – 2:07.318- the Spaniard will start from 21st on the grid for Sunday’s race.
“I was on course for a good time in Q1, but another rider got in my way. I’m almost certain that tomorrow the race will be run in a large group, since there is no rider whose pace stands out especially. In the end, if you have a slipstream, you can easily stay in that big group. I’ll take away the positive from today, which is our good pace. I hope to get a good start in the race and make the most of the opening laps.”
- New expanded format for British Talent Cup announced
- Ogden emerges victorious in dramatic Race 2 at Donington
- Horsman beats Ogden to the top step in Race 1
- Moto2™: Victory the next step for man of the moment Navarro?
- “If you’re not crashing, you’re not going fast enough”
- Edwards: “The few years I had with Valentino were awesome”
- Moto2™/Moto3™ Barcelona test photo gallery
- De Puniet looking forward to a “great fight” in MotoE™