Alonso Lopez was affected by the conditions in FP3 at Qatar, although he would set the fourth fastest time of the session with a 2:06.794.
The first Q1 session of the season started in a promising way, with Lopez amongst the frontrunners. However, his best lap was scrubbed for exceeding the track limits, and he encountered traffic on his hot lap that slowed him down, leaving him unable to make it into Q2.
Having set the seventh best time in Q1 – 2:07.318- the Spaniard will start from 21st on the grid for Sunday’s race.
“I was on course for a good time in Q1, but another rider got in my way. I’m almost certain that tomorrow the race will be run in a large group, since there is no rider whose pace stands out especially. In the end, if you have a slipstream, you can easily stay in that big group. I’ll take away the positive from today, which is our good pace. I hope to get a good start in the race and make the most of the opening laps.”
- Fabio Quartararo shares his secrets to a fast lap
- KTM, Red Bull and Ajo Motorsport to continue collaboration
- Dovi v Marc VI, and how to accidentally join Rossi's Academy
- The stakes are high… The 2019 Final Draft starts now!
- Smith to replace Pawi at Petronas for British GP
- Introducing the new BMW M8 MotoGP™Safety Car
- Miller renews with Pramac Racing for 2020
- Poncharal: Oliveira top 10 "like a dream come true"