The Red Bull KTM Ajo riders got the 2019 Moto2 World Championship underway with a tricky race under the floodlights of the Losail International Circuit. Jorge Martin managed to score a point on his Moto2 debut thanks to his 15th place finish.
In his first race as a Moto2 rider, Jorge Martin gained two positions off the line, moving up from eleventh to ninth place. Overcoming some physical discomfort, the current Moto3 World Champion battled to stay within the points and, finally, placed 15th -earning his first point in the intermediate class.
The second round of the 2019 Moto2 World Championship will be held in Argentina from March 29th-31st.
“I got a good start and I gained some positions but, when I wanted to push a little more, I didn’t feel comfortable with the bike and had some problems, especially with the grip levels. Physical discomfort didn’t help me either. Even so, I fought hard, and I was able to get a point. There is still work to be done, but we have the potential to be further up the order and I hope to be able to prove that at the coming races, since we have a big team and a great bike.”
- The Nick Harris blog: Marc and Mike
- Changes to Moto2™ and Moto3™ regulations announced
- Cool-FAB Racing title goes to the final round
- Race 2 from Global Series Round 1: exciting and dramatic
- Fulfilled dream fuels Quartararo’s belief in beating Marquez
- Yamaha on song at Misano
- Re-live all the action from the 2019 Global Series Race 1
- Quartararo: one of the best rookies ever?