Marcos Ramirez, who had been struggling throughout the weekend, at the last stages of the race made a comeback and ended up the 4th.
Spaniard man Marcos Ramirez started from the 20th place of the grid after a difficult weekend. Step by step he started to made a great comeback and after four laps was already inside the Top10. When there were five laps remaining to the end, he was in third position, touching the podium. But finally, he entered the fourth after compatriot Aron Canet.
A very nice way to start the 2019 season, now it is time to rest. See you all in Argentina!
Marcos Ramirez, 4th in Qatar
“I’m very happy after getting a 4th position in the first race with my new team, it is an amazing result. I’ve felt better with the bike and I’ve been able to recover many positions. Unfortunately, on the last lap I’ve made some mistakes and I haven’t been able to be on the podium. Many thanks to the team because they’ve done an amazing job. I can’t wait for the next race!”
- Summer report: Johann Zarco - refresh and restart
- MotoGP™ Test Teams ready to hit the track at the KymiRing
- Horsman comes out on top in dramatic Race 2 duel
- Seabright storms Snetterton
- 2020 aero body regulations revised
- Summer report: Jack Miller - satellite star
- Catalonia: a motorcycle racer's haven?
- Still ten to go