The 2019 season has started in the best possible way for the FlexBox HP 40 with Augusto Fernandez finishing an excellent fifth.
The Spanish rider of the FlexBox HP 40 started from tenth position, and made an excellent race. Maintaining the initial position, Augusto moved up positions until reaching the front group, his goal. Finally he achieved fifth place, two tenths of up to the podium. Undoubtedly, a great race for him to start the championship in a good way.
The FlexBox HP 40 returns home with the championship leadership and the next grand prix will be in Argentina, on March 29, 30 and 31.
Augusto Fernández, 5th, +2.305
“I am happy with this start of the championship, it was important to start the season in the front positions. Since yesterday we knew that we could be ahead and little by little, calmly, I set my pace. I have overtaken several pilots to reach the front group and I think with a couple of laps more we would have got the podium. Anyway, I’m happy and thanks to the team for their work. Now, let’s go for Argentina!”
- John Hopkins set to work as American Racing rider coach
- Road to MotoGP™: a thriving feeder to the World stage
- Buriram tops 2019 spectator billing
- Regulation changes: testing, wildcards and wet race starts
- Marquez wins the BMW M Award for seventh time
- Off the Racing Line: riders' lives away from track
- Cardelus joins Avintia Esponorama for 2020 MotoE™ season
- Simeon and Canepa to line up with LCR E-Team in 2020