The starting grid for the second race of the 2019 season was established this afternoon at the Termas de Rio Hondo circuit. The Red Bull KTM Ajo Moto2 riders enjoyed a positive day, lowering their lap times from Friday. Brad Binder and Jorge Martin went straight into Q2, and tomorrow they will start the race from 6th and 17th place, respectively.
The reigning Moto3 World Champion, Jorge Martin, continued to steadily lower his times, and rode a spectacular 1:43.000 lap that placed him 5th.
Those results took the Red Bull KTM Ajo Moto2 pair straight into Q2. In that 15 minute session, Martin, ended up 17th, and will take off from the sixth row.
The 23-lap second Moto2 race of 2019 will begin at 1:20pm local time. Red Bull KTM Ajo have twice been on the podium in Argentina in the last two years: 2nd in 2017 and 3rd in 2018.
“It’s been a strange day. This morning I felt good and I rode fast. In general, I had a good feeling and a great pace. However, in qualifying, everything was more difficult and I had some issues braking and opening the throttle on the corners. We have to work on this tomorrow, but luckily we still have the warm up in which try to regain the confidence we had in FP3. If we find it, tomorrow we can have a great race.”
- Aron Canet signs with Angel Nieto squad for 2020 Moto2™
- "It’s good to be back" – Lorenzo ahead of Silverstone return
- Joan Mir to miss the British Grand Prix
- History made at the KymiRing MotoGP™ Test
- Best photos: KymiRing MotoGP™ Test
- “It’s a dream come true” – MotoGP™ authorities on KymiRing
- Everyone's a winner: vast and fast, Silverstone awaits
- Marquez vs Moto2™: can the field triumph over the form man?