The Red Bull KTM Ajo Moto2 team experienced mixed fortunes in the second race of the 2019 season, held at Termas de Rio Hondo this weekend. Jorge Martin suffered a crash in the final part of the race when he was riding in eleventh place.
In his second race as a Moto2 rider, Jorge Martin had a difficult start, conceding two places off the line to go back into 17th. The reigning Moto3 World Champion managed to recompose himself, making progress thereafter to reach 11th. Despite the good pace, the Spaniard would eventually crash out at Turn 5 with 5 laps remaining.
Brad Binder is now 7th in the overall standings, with Jorge Martín 21th. The Red Bull KTM Ajo Moto2 riders will return to action from April 12-14th at Red Bull GP of The Americas, to be held in Austin, USA.
“It was a positive weekend. The race was going well, as I came back from low down on the grid and could have fought for the Top 10, but a small crash prevented us from doing that. Our pace was similar to that of the top riders and I could have had a great race. We have to keep working hard. I came into this round off the back of a recent operation and had not been training, and that hindered us a little. The important thing is that we have found a good base for Austin.”
- Ogden converts pole to victory in a tight season opener
- “Main goal is to secure a factory seat” – Miller
- British Talent Cup get set for Silverstone season opener
- “I knew he’d get there at some point, just not that quick!”
- Ducati’s double title charge
- Aprilia, Ducati, KTM, Suzuki and Yamaha go testing
- Josh Herrin nails down victory at COTA
- Puig: “We don’t know what happened to Lorenzo”