Alonso Lopez will start from 21st on the Jerez Moto3 grid, with his teammate Sergio Garcia 23rd. Both intend to have a great race with a steady pace in front of their home fans.
The Estrella Galicia 0,0 Moto3 riders undertook their final Free Practice session for the Spanish GP on Saturday, followed by qualifying for Sunday’s race.
Unlike on Friday, the weather at Jerez was cloudy, but the absence of any rain showers allowed the riders to improve their times.
Alonso Lopez claimed 21st on the grid with a time of 1:46.781, set in Q1, and Sergio Garcia Dols will take off from 23rd. Pole position for the Spanish GP was claimed by Lorenzo Dalla Porta with a time of 1:46.011.
The Estrella Galicia 0,0 Moto3 pair will have a warmup session on Sunday at 8:40am. The race is scheduled for 11am.
“My feeling was different to last Friday. I improved my pace and my fastest lap, but we didn’t qualify for Q2, which was a big setback. In Q1 I rode with a good pace and I achieved my best time riding alone, which I think is something in our favour even though we weren’t able to improve our position on the grid. We have a good pace and I feel comfortable on the bike, so I think it’s possible to gain positions in the race.”
“It’s been a difficult day. We had started very well in FP3, although maybe our setup was not ideal. It’s the step forward that we have to take to develop a good pace. Yesterday I felt good, but we continued to test setups -even if we didn’t improve with them. The warmup will be important for us. Our goal for race day is to do our best and try to reach the front group -although there will be many riders in that pack.”
- Horsman beats Ogden to the top step in Race 1
- Moto2™: Victory the next step for man of the moment Navarro?
- “If you’re not crashing, you’re not going fast enough”
- Edwards: “The few years I had with Valentino were awesome”
- Moto2™/Moto3™ Barcelona test photo gallery
- De Puniet looking forward to a “great fight” in MotoE™
- Round 2: the British Talent Cup touches down in Donington
- Moto2™ and Moto3™ finish first day of testing in Barcelona