It has been a very positive second day of the Grand Prix of Spain at the Circuito de Jerez – Ángel Nieto for the FlexBox HP 40 in their first grand prix of the year on home soil, something made very special with Augusto Fernandez taking 3rd spot in Qualifying – putting him on the front row of the Moto2 grid.
Under weather conditions similar to yesterday’s, with high temperatures and clear sky, the riders of the FlexBox HP 40 have been able to build on the good sensations of the first day and achieve a good qualifying.
Following the plan established by their respective technical teams, both Augsuto and teammate Lorenzo Baldassarri did a good final free practice, qualifying directly to Q2, with the aim of fighting for the positions of honour.
Both came out together in the qualifying and have done a good team work throughout the session. Augusto, who returns after missing two races due to injury, set a best time of 1:41.323, which helped him to get on the front row for the first time and start the grand prix from the third position. A very impressive qualifying of the Spanish rider of the FlexBox HP 40.
Augusto Fernández, 3rd, 1.41.323 (+0.141)
“I am very happy with this first row and more after the injury. Together with the team, we are working very well all weekend. The mystery is how tomorrow I will be able to hold my arm, le’t see during the whole race. If it hurts, it will be hard to hold, but I’ll do my best because the objective is to try to fight for the first podium.”
- Horsman beats Ogden to the top step in Race 1
- Moto2™: Victory the next step for man of the moment Navarro?
- “If you’re not crashing, you’re not going fast enough”
- Edwards: “The few years I had with Valentino were awesome”
- Moto2™/Moto3™ Barcelona test photo gallery
- De Puniet looking forward to a “great fight” in MotoE™
- Round 2: the British Talent Cup touches down in Donington
- Moto2™ and Moto3™ finish first day of testing in Barcelona