HDR Heidrun-Speed Up riders Jorge Navarro and Fabio Di Giannantonio were back in action at Jerez de la Frontera circuit to determine their position on tomorrow’s starting grid after both grabbing direct access to Q2. It was a sensational qualifying in which riders and team gave their best. Navarro pushed his Speed Up bike to the limit to take pole position and broking the all-time lap record to finish with a best of 1’41.182, confirming the improvements achieved since the first race of the season.
So the first and third row of the starting grid await us tomorrow at the start of the Moto2 race at 12.20.
JORGE NAVARRO#9 – 1st in 1’41.182
“Super super happy with the work we have done this weekend. In the morning session we did several laps with the used tyre trying to find a good rhythm and so after I knew that in qualifying with the new tyre we could be very fast but I didn’t think about the pole position. Once on the track I waited for the right moment to do my best and I managed to do a super lap time. I am very happy, tomorrow we will start from pole and we will see how far we can get!”
- Horsman beats Ogden to the top step in Race 1
- Moto2™: Victory the next step for man of the moment Navarro?
- “If you’re not crashing, you’re not going fast enough”
- Edwards: “The few years I had with Valentino were awesome”
- Moto2™/Moto3™ Barcelona test photo gallery
- De Puniet looking forward to a “great fight” in MotoE™
- Round 2: the British Talent Cup touches down in Donington
- Moto2™ and Moto3™ finish first day of testing in Barcelona