The Red Bull KTM Ajo Moto2 riders experienced a difficult day of qualifying on Saturday at the Jerez-Angel Nieto Circuit. Brad Binder and Jorge Martin were required to participate in Q1 as a result of not finishing in the Top 14 in the combined classification of the Free Practices. The Spaniard would miss out with an eighth-place finish in Q1 and will start from the eighth row.
In FP3, the Red Bull KTM Ajo duo had to adapt to much milder temperatures compared to Friday. Jorge Martin, set his best time of the weekend with a 1:41.913, despite suffering a crash with 5 minutes remaining in the session. Finally, the Spaniard placed 16th.
Jorge Martin would not make it out of Q1, and his eighth place in that session -1:41.953- means he will start from 22nd.
The 23-lap Red Bull Grand Prix of Spain gets underway at 12:20pm local time for the Red Bull KTM Ajo Moto2 riders.
“It was a tough day. I never felt comfortable on the bike. Both the team and I worked hard, but we have not found the right way yet this weekend. We still have tomorrow morning in which to look for that boost that allows us to improve in terms of pace. I hope I can enter the fight for the points again.”
- Asymmetric front and rear tyres brought to Valencia
- 2020 Idemitsu Asia Talent Cup entry list revealed
- #2020: title contenders galore
- Nick Harris: Valencia vibes
- Time schedule: Gran Premio Motul de la Comunitat Valenciana
- Final showdown: MotoE™ back in action at Valencia
- Mastering ‘The Island’: The most spectacular setting
- Last stop Valencia: 2019 set to go out with a bang