The Estrella Galicia 0,0 Moto3 riders rounded off the Spanish Grand Prix weekend at the Circuito de Jerez – Angel Nieto with Sunday’s 22-lap race. Despite cloudy skies and gusts of wind, both the warmup and the race took place on a dry surface.
Alonso Lopez placed 14th in a race won by Niccolò Antonelli. Sergio Garcia Dols was forced to retire after a crash caused by another rider, after he had risen from 23rd to seventh.
The Estrella Galicia 0,0 Moto3 duo will next compete on May 17th, in the opening practice sessions for the French Grand Prix at Le Mans.
“I had expected more from this race, because the pace I had was close to that of the frontrunners. On the first few laps it was difficult for me to pass other riders, because even though I had a good pace I was starting from far back on the grid. The riders who are that far behind sometimes have less experience and are more over-excited. The best thing to do is to avoid that situation, because they try passes everywhere; that’s something that prevented me from catching the front group. It’s a shame, because I had the pace to be up there, but at least we scored points.”
“It was a shame, because I was riding hard and gaining places, but another rider knocked me down on the brakes and I couldn’t avoid crashing. I leave here with a bittersweet feeling, because I was having a good race up until then. I felt strong enough to fight for the race win. I reached the large front group and fought with them, which is very positive; it means that we keep moving forward. We will try to continue in the same way.”
- Find out who was fastest in Challenge #4 !
- Summer report: Fabio Quartararo - the future has arrived
- Decisive victories at MotorLand Aragon
- “Sometimes a bit of an injury can work in your favour”
- Fit your wet tyres! Online Challenge #4 is ready to go!
- The official poster for the San Marino GP is launched
- Puig vows Lorenzo "will fight to be back" for Czech GP
- Binder confirmed to make 2020 MotoGP™ move