The Estrella Galicia 0,0 Moto3 riders took on their final practice and qualifying sessions for the French Grand Prix this Saturday at Le Mans.
The weather affected FP3, forcing the riders to use wet tyres. Despite a damp track, Q1 and Q2 saw the competitors run slicks.
Alonso Lopez qualified 17th on the grid, with rookie Sergio Garcia Dols tenth on the timesheets in his first participation in Q2. However, a sanction means he drops 12 places on the final grid order.
The Estrella Galicia 0,0 Moto3 duo will have a warmup on Sunday at 8:40am, with the race itself scheduled for 11am local time.
“Today was very hard, because in the morning we had a big crash coming onto the main straight. After that, I tried to ride at a good pace. In Q1 I was certainly one of the riders with the best pace, but I missed out on qualifying for Q2 by one position. At least it was my teammate who got in at my expense. I think we have a good pace for the race, which could take place in conditions similar to those that we had today.”
“We had a positive day once again, because we’ve found a good setup, although we still need to improve. At least we have taken a step forward and I have more confidence. I should be starting from 10th, but I have to take off from 22nd due to the mistake I made in FP2. If tomorrow’s race is dry, I’ll try to recover ground like I did in Jerez. If the track is wet, then we will need to take things gradually in order to advance as much as we can.”
- Dani Pedrosa: zen soundbites
- "He's considering me as a rival" - Rins talks Marquez
- This Sunday on BT Sport: Rossi interview and a 2013 review
- Crutchlow: "Miller has the talent to beat Marc"
- 2020 British and Australian Grands Prix cancelled
- KTM back on track at private Austria test
- Rins, Aleix Espargaro and more lap Catalunya
- GPC: MotoGP™ 2020 engine allocation update