The Estrella Galicia 0,0 Moto3 riders took on their final practice and qualifying sessions for the French Grand Prix this Saturday at Le Mans.
The weather affected FP3, forcing the riders to use wet tyres. Despite a damp track, Q1 and Q2 saw the competitors run slicks.
Alonso Lopez qualified 17th on the grid, with rookie Sergio Garcia Dols tenth on the timesheets in his first participation in Q2. However, a sanction means he drops 12 places on the final grid order.
The Estrella Galicia 0,0 Moto3 duo will have a warmup on Sunday at 8:40am, with the race itself scheduled for 11am local time.
“Today was very hard, because in the morning we had a big crash coming onto the main straight. After that, I tried to ride at a good pace. In Q1 I was certainly one of the riders with the best pace, but I missed out on qualifying for Q2 by one position. At least it was my teammate who got in at my expense. I think we have a good pace for the race, which could take place in conditions similar to those that we had today.”
“We had a positive day once again, because we’ve found a good setup, although we still need to improve. At least we have taken a step forward and I have more confidence. I should be starting from 10th, but I have to take off from 22nd due to the mistake I made in FP2. If tomorrow’s race is dry, I’ll try to recover ground like I did in Jerez. If the track is wet, then we will need to take things gradually in order to advance as much as we can.”
- Find out who was fastest in Challenge #4 !
- Summer report: Fabio Quartararo - the future has arrived
- Decisive victories at MotorLand Aragon
- “Sometimes a bit of an injury can work in your favour”
- Fit your wet tyres! Online Challenge #4 is ready to go!
- The official poster for the San Marino GP is launched
- Puig vows Lorenzo "will fight to be back" for Czech GP
- Binder confirmed to make 2020 MotoGP™ move