The Lightech Speed Up team riders returned to action at the Le Mans Bugatti circuit to determine their position on tomorrow’s starting grid. As expected, the last morning free practice session was affected by the rain, which did not allow Navarro and Di Giannantonio to improve Friday’s free practices time.
Both riders then faced the Q1, again with a wet track. Jorge finished the qualifying session with the fourth time in 1’49.736 which allowed him to access Q2. On his return to the track, ready to fight for the top positions, Navarro took the lead improving his time every lap until taking the second consecutive pole of the season.
JORGE NAVARRO #9 – 16th in 1’37.232
“We did complicated free practice sessions, with a lot of problems, especially yesterday when we couldn’t find the feeling to make a good time that allowed direct access to Q2. Today in the wet it was initially complicated, but the team did a really good job. We have figured out where to improve and in the end we managed to get to Q2 and reach pole. I’m really happy and confident for tomorrow”.
- There’s no place like Assen. Are you ready for more?
- Can Alex Marquez make it four in a row at Assen?
- Down to the final chicane: Dalla Porta looks to strike back
- Be part of the next generation of champions
- Challenge #1 - Rider Playing: Jorge Lorenzo
- Ramirez: "It felt really amazing! It was incredible"
- “It was a normal mistake that had horrendous consequences”
- Dalla Porta: Moto3™’s unluckiest man?