Rainy Saturday is over in France, hence grid positions have already been decided. Marcos Ramirez will start from the sixth position of the grid and teammate Lorenzo Dalla Porta from the 15th.
Weather forecasted rain and so it’s been. Leopard Racing arrived this morning to the Circuit with the aim of doing the best job possible after a difficult Friday. Although the drizzle did not stop the team, things haven’t been easy starting the day.
Marcos Ramirez suffered a crash on the FP3 and then had to go through Q1 where he did a good job, as the Spaniard set a lap time that allowed him to fight for the front positions on the Q2. Ramirez felt comfortable and found his pace, as he did the best qualiyfing of the season so far: he finished the 6th.
After the first two days, what it’s certain is that weather conditions will play a very important role on Sunday. Moto3 riders will have to give their best throughout the 22 laps race, scheduled at 11.00h.
#42 Marcos Ramirez, 6th on the grid, 1’42.892
“I’m happy with the qualifying result. I had to go through Q1 but that gave me an extra motivation to push on the Q2. I’ve managed to improve the lap time I set yesterday and I’m pleased because I don’t normally qualify in front on Saturdays. However, it’s been a shame because due to some traffic and a little moment I’ve had, I’ve lost some tenths. I thought I could get to the first row but it hasn’t been possible. Anyway I’m a Sunday rider and I will fight for the result I couldn’t clinch in Jerez”.
- There’s no place like Assen. Are you ready for more?
- Can Alex Marquez make it four in a row at Assen?
- Down to the final chicane: Dalla Porta looks to strike back
- Be part of the next generation of champions
- Challenge #1 - Rider Playing: Jorge Lorenzo
- Ramirez: "It felt really amazing! It was incredible"
- “It was a normal mistake that had horrendous consequences”
- Dalla Porta: Moto3™’s unluckiest man?