The Estrella Galicia 0,0 Moto3 riders took part in the 22-lap French GP on Sunday, in dry conditions despite the threat of rain.
Sergio Garcia was moving up the order when he crashed on Lap 1. Alonso Lopez was battling for points when he fell 5 laps from the chequered flag. As many as 12 riders crashed out at Le Mans.
The Estrella Galicia 0,0 duo will be back on track next week for a two-day private test at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, ahead of the Italian Grand Prix from May 31st-June 2nd.
“It was a race in which I was doing quite well but, due to one circumstance or another, it was very difficult for me to gain positions and impose my pace to keep progressing in the group. In the end we lost some ground, but we started to run the same pace as the first group. However, coming into Turn 3 I lost front grip and couldn’t save a crash. At least I felt much more comfortable at this track this time around. Coming up are several circuits that are better for me, at which I hope to achieve good results.”
“I started off by gaining several positions and I knew I could keep gaining ground on the frontrunners, but I suffered a crash. I was passing another rider, he was on the outside and, when accelerating, he touched me and I couldn’t avoid the crash. The most positive thing from the weekend is that we were quick in qualifying and got into Q2. We are going to continue working to be faster when riding alone, and have better races.”
- Fabio Quartararo shares his secrets to a fast lap
- KTM, Red Bull and Ajo Motorsport to continue collaboration
- Dovi v Marc VI, and how to accidentally join Rossi's Academy
- The stakes are high… The 2019 Final Draft starts now!
- Smith to replace Pawi at Petronas for British GP
- Introducing the new BMW M8 MotoGP™Safety Car
- Miller renews with Pramac Racing for 2020
- Poncharal: Oliveira top 10 "like a dream come true"