The riders of the FlexBox HP 40 faced raceday at the Grand Prix of France in the Circuit de Le Mans with great hopes of achieving a good result and despite the misfortune of his teammate, Augusto Fernández delivered the goods with a second consecutive podium.
Augusto made an excellent race after a difficult qualifying. From the fourteenth position, the Spaniard took several positions and imposed his pace, beating his rivals to reach the top positions. He fought for the second and third place, the latter being the one he eventually achieved and thus adds his second consecutive podium in a circuit completely unknown to him. A great result to close a good weekend.
The FlexBox HP 40 will return to action on June 2 with the dispute of the Italian Grand Prix at the Mugello Circuit.
Augusto Fernández, 3rd, +1.800
“I’m very happy to get another podium. The truth is that it was not easy as we were starting from a long way back, but little by little I went back to the first positions. We knew we had the pace and if we kept calm we would arrive and that’s how it was. Adding another podium is important for the championship and we should continue like this. Thanks to the team once again for the good work”.
- There’s no place like Assen. Are you ready for more?
- Can Alex Marquez make it four in a row at Assen?
- Down to the final chicane: Dalla Porta looks to strike back
- Be part of the next generation of champions
- Challenge #1 - Rider Playing: Jorge Lorenzo
- Ramirez: "It felt really amazing! It was incredible"
- “It was a normal mistake that had horrendous consequences”
- Dalla Porta: Moto3™’s unluckiest man?