There were mixed fortunes for the Red Bull KTM Ajo Moto2 team at the French Grand Prix, which was held at the legendary Le Mans Circuit today. Jorge Martin was given a ride through penalty after a jump start and finished 20th.
Jorge Martin, who started from 13th on the grid, managed to make up several places in the early part of the race and, on the fourth lap, he was in 11th. Unfortunately, the Spaniard was then penalized with a ride through for a jump start. After completing the penalty, Martin returned to the race and finished in 20th place.
“It was a tough race for me. Every time I opened gas on corner exit I had a little scare. So I tried to stay calm and get the best possible result at the end of the race. I know we’ve worked really hard this Grand Prix. Next week, we have a test in Barcelona and I hope we can solve the issues we have with the rear end of the bike. I have to thank the team and KTM because everyone is working hard and that is very positive. We have to continue this way and I’m sure that even better results will come soon.”
- Wild ride: milestones and titles on the Island
- Time schedule: Pramac Generac Australian Motorcycle GP
- Marquez on a mission: check or check mate in Australia?
- Dalla Porta faces first match point Down Under
- Lorenzo: "We've improved various areas"
- Take heart Fabio, at least it’s not another four years
- Crutchlow: "It was really difficult to manage"
- Australia joins the 2020 Idemitsu Asia Talent Cup calendar