There were mixed fortunes for the Red Bull KTM Ajo Moto2 team at the French Grand Prix, which was held at the legendary Le Mans Circuit today. Jorge Martin was given a ride through penalty after a jump start and finished 20th.
Jorge Martin, who started from 13th on the grid, managed to make up several places in the early part of the race and, on the fourth lap, he was in 11th. Unfortunately, the Spaniard was then penalized with a ride through for a jump start. After completing the penalty, Martin returned to the race and finished in 20th place.
“It was a tough race for me. Every time I opened gas on corner exit I had a little scare. So I tried to stay calm and get the best possible result at the end of the race. I know we’ve worked really hard this Grand Prix. Next week, we have a test in Barcelona and I hope we can solve the issues we have with the rear end of the bike. I have to thank the team and KTM because everyone is working hard and that is very positive. We have to continue this way and I’m sure that even better results will come soon.”
- There’s no place like Assen. Are you ready for more?
- Can Alex Marquez make it four in a row at Assen?
- Down to the final chicane: Dalla Porta looks to strike back
- Be part of the next generation of champions
- Challenge #1 - Rider Playing: Jorge Lorenzo
- Ramirez: "It felt really amazing! It was incredible"
- “It was a normal mistake that had horrendous consequences”
- Dalla Porta: Moto3™’s unluckiest man?