Alonso Lopez will start from 11th at Mugello, with Sergio Garcia 16th.
The Estrella Galicia 0,0 Moto3 riders took to the track at Mugello this Saturday for the third Free Practice session for the Italian Grand Prix, followed by qualifying for Sunday’s race.
The weather continued to be excellent, with FP3, Q1 and Q2 taking place amidst clear skies, a dry track and temperatures of around 20ºC.
Lopez placed 11th on the grid, with rookie Sergio Garcia Dols 16th in his second consecutive participation in Q2.
The Moto3 riders will have a warmup session on Sunday at 8:40am local time, with the race start scheduled for 11am.
“I felt good from the morning onwards. I was very fast in FP3 and I felt very comfortable with the setup. In qualifying it took me a little longer to find the pace I had before. On my second stint I didn’t quite get the lines that were best for me. We have made progress in many aspects and we are closer on the grid to the top riders. I think we have a good pace, so I hope to fight in the leading group in the race tomorrow. It will definitely be important to remain calm and focused.”
“Things went well in FP3 in the morning and I was able to do a pretty quick lap. We worked very well as a team and reached our goal of going straight into Q2, which is quite an achievement for me. Q2 also went well, but I think I could have managed the last run better. At least I’m starting from sixteenth and I think the race will have a large front group, so I hope to continue progressing in the warmup and gain places in the race itself.”
- There’s no place like Assen. Are you ready for more?
- Can Alex Marquez make it four in a row at Assen?
- Down to the final chicane: Dalla Porta looks to strike back
- Be part of the next generation of champions
- Challenge #1 - Rider Playing: Jorge Lorenzo
- Ramirez: "It felt really amazing! It was incredible"
- “It was a normal mistake that had horrendous consequences”
- Dalla Porta: Moto3™’s unluckiest man?