At the Mugello International Circuit the MB Conveyors Speed Up team finished the qualifying session for the Grand Prix of Italy with Jorge Navarro’s fifth time and Fabio Di Giannantonio’s fourteenth. In the third morning free practice session both riders improved their Speed Up SF19T settings taking the sixth (Navarro in 1’51.856) and tenth (Di Giannantonio in 1’52.151) positions obtaining direct access to Q2. Excellent work by both teams, who with the data collected in Fp3 prepared to face the qualifying under the scorching sun of Mugello. Navarro, after a few laps on the track, returns for the tyre change five minutes before the end of the session and with determination found the fastest lap and took the second row of the starting grid.
“Today was a positive day. This morning we had a good free practice session and with the final time we managed to rate ourselves directly for Q2. Initially in qualifying we could not find the fastest lap, then I stopped and changed the tyres. The feeling improved but the time was not much but we still managed to take fifth and second row. I think it’s a good position for the race, we still have some details to see, but we’ll fix everything for tomorrow”.
- Aron Canet signs with Angel Nieto squad for 2020 Moto2™
- "It’s good to be back" – Lorenzo ahead of Silverstone return
- Joan Mir to miss the British Grand Prix
- History made at the KymiRing MotoGP™ Test
- Best photos: KymiRing MotoGP™ Test
- “It’s a dream come true” – MotoGP™ authorities on KymiRing
- Everyone's a winner: vast and fast, Silverstone awaits
- Marquez vs Moto2™: can the field triumph over the form man?