At the Mugello International Circuit the MB Conveyors Speed Up team finished the qualifying session for the Grand Prix of Italy with Jorge Navarro’s fifth time and Fabio Di Giannantonio’s fourteenth. In the third morning free practice session both riders improved their Speed Up SF19T settings taking the sixth (Navarro in 1’51.856) and tenth (Di Giannantonio in 1’52.151) positions obtaining direct access to Q2. Excellent work by both teams, who with the data collected in Fp3 prepared to face the qualifying under the scorching sun of Mugello. Navarro, after a few laps on the track, returns for the tyre change five minutes before the end of the session and with determination found the fastest lap and took the second row of the starting grid.
“Today was a positive day. This morning we had a good free practice session and with the final time we managed to rate ourselves directly for Q2. Initially in qualifying we could not find the fastest lap, then I stopped and changed the tyres. The feeling improved but the time was not much but we still managed to take fifth and second row. I think it’s a good position for the race, we still have some details to see, but we’ll fix everything for tomorrow”.
- There’s no place like Assen. Are you ready for more?
- Can Alex Marquez make it four in a row at Assen?
- Down to the final chicane: Dalla Porta looks to strike back
- Be part of the next generation of champions
- Challenge #1 - Rider Playing: Jorge Lorenzo
- Ramirez: "It felt really amazing! It was incredible"
- “It was a normal mistake that had horrendous consequences”
- Dalla Porta: Moto3™’s unluckiest man?