After the Italian Grand Prix at Mugello, Augusto Fernández comes out having consolidated his position in the Moto2 World Championship.
Using his technique, talent and physical effort, he managed to climb positions from his start in 9th.
During the first stretch of the race, Augusto descended to 12th position. Within the third group that he had formed, he maintained battles against Bastianini, Schrotter and Navarro.
He gained positions in a good fight and during the last third of the race, Augusto placed himself on 7th position. In the final part of the race, he reached a well-deserved 5th position. A position which adds very valuable points to consolidate his first place in the
“I’m happy with the 5th position, it’s been a difficult weekend and the final result is good for the Championship, we’re still adding points. I lost positions at the beggining, I struggled to take the bike feeling. It has been a very hard race and I have thought about continuing adding points. Thank you very much to the team for the work done … Gassss”
- Aron Canet signs with Angel Nieto squad for 2020 Moto2™
- "It’s good to be back" – Lorenzo ahead of Silverstone return
- Joan Mir to miss the British Grand Prix
- History made at the KymiRing MotoGP™ Test
- Best photos: KymiRing MotoGP™ Test
- “It’s a dream come true” – MotoGP™ authorities on KymiRing
- Everyone's a winner: vast and fast, Silverstone awaits
- Marquez vs Moto2™: can the field triumph over the form man?