The sixth race of the 2019 season in the Moto2 World Championship saw the Red Bull KTM Ajo do battle at the challenging Mugello track. Brad Binder and Jorge Martin gave it their all right the way through, with the team working hard all weekend, concluding a tough Italian Grand Prix with the South African in 15th position and the Spaniard in 16th.
At the start of the race, Brad Binder made up six positions to place himself just behind his teammate, Jorge Martin. The Red Bull KTM Ajo duo consolidated their placements in the middle of the pack, with plenty of jostling going in their group, in the hunt for points. As the race went on, the South African moved ahead of his colleague, with the pair eventually finishing in 15th and 16th respectively, separated by just 0.081s.
At the conclusion of the Italian Grand Prix, Brad Binder sits 10th overall in the Moto2 World Championship standings with 39 points, while Jorge Martin is 26th with two points. The next round will see the Red Bull KTM Ajo Moto2 riders head for the Barcelona-Catalunya Circuit, over the 14th-16th June weekend.
“We had a tough race, as we had issues again. However, I achieved one of my goals this season, to get as close as possible to my teammate, Brad Binder, and today I finished just 0.081s behind him. Despite the final result, the team did a great job and we did our best throughout the weekend.”
- Wild ride: milestones and titles on the Island
- Time schedule: Pramac Generac Australian Motorcycle GP
- Marquez on a mission: check or check mate in Australia?
- Dalla Porta faces first match point Down Under
- Lorenzo: "We've improved various areas"
- Take heart Fabio, at least it’s not another four years
- Crutchlow: "It was really difficult to manage"
- Australia joins the 2020 Idemitsu Asia Talent Cup calendar