The sixth race of the 2019 season in the Moto2 World Championship saw the Red Bull KTM Ajo do battle at the challenging Mugello track. Brad Binder and Jorge Martin gave it their all right the way through, with the team working hard all weekend, concluding a tough Italian Grand Prix with the South African in 15th position and the Spaniard in 16th.
At the start of the race, Brad Binder made up six positions to place himself just behind his teammate, Jorge Martin. The Red Bull KTM Ajo duo consolidated their placements in the middle of the pack, with plenty of jostling going in their group, in the hunt for points. As the race went on, the South African moved ahead of his colleague, with the pair eventually finishing in 15th and 16th respectively, separated by just 0.081s.
At the conclusion of the Italian Grand Prix, Brad Binder sits 10th overall in the Moto2 World Championship standings with 39 points, while Jorge Martin is 26th with two points. The next round will see the Red Bull KTM Ajo Moto2 riders head for the Barcelona-Catalunya Circuit, over the 14th-16th June weekend.
“We had a tough race, as we had issues again. However, I achieved one of my goals this season, to get as close as possible to my teammate, Brad Binder, and today I finished just 0.081s behind him. Despite the final result, the team did a great job and we did our best throughout the weekend.”
- Photo gallery: 2020 MotoGP™ Qatar Test
- Qatar Test race simulations: who impressed?
- This is MotoGP™: a permanent revolution
- Rossi: "I feel good with the bike"
- Qatar Test confirms 2020 is set to be ultra competitive
- Viñales heads Yamaha top three lockout in Qatar
- All you need to know about the 2020 Pro Draft Selection
- Viñales leads Quartararo halfway through Day 3