Augusto Fernández will start tomorrow’s Catalan GP from pole position on the Moto2 grid; his first pole position in World Championship racing.
After the good free practice yesterday of the riders of the FlexBox HP 40, today both went out on track with the aim of continuing to improve their sensations on top of their Kalex, under the radiant sun that shone on the track of Montmeló.
Augusto, who made his debut a year ago with the team, achieved his first pole position. Fast throughout the weekend, the pupil of Sito Pons was clear that today he could fight for the pole, and this has been the case. The time of 1:44.170 gives him the first position on the starting grid and tomorrow he sees himself with a good pace to fight for the positions of honor in the race.
Augusto Fernández, 1st, 1:44.170
“I am very happy for this pole position. We suffered a bit more in the morning and with the high temperatures we knew we had gone fast, we managed to finish a good lap and start first. I am very happy and I hope to be in front tomorrow. I want to thank the team for their work and help in getting this first pole.”
- Best photos: Motul Valencia GP
- Quartararo... the best rookie since Marquez?
- Valencia GP: Sunday time schedule UPDATE
- Granado beats Garzo and Smith to Race 1 victory
- Navarro pips Martin for Moto2™ pole
- Quartararo denies Marquez the final pole of the season
- Rins, Pol Espargaro beat Zarco to the top in Q1
- Viñales tops FP4, Marquez second but crashes