Augusto Fernández will start tomorrow’s Catalan GP from pole position on the Moto2 grid; his first pole position in World Championship racing.
After the good free practice yesterday of the riders of the FlexBox HP 40, today both went out on track with the aim of continuing to improve their sensations on top of their Kalex, under the radiant sun that shone on the track of Montmeló.
Augusto, who made his debut a year ago with the team, achieved his first pole position. Fast throughout the weekend, the pupil of Sito Pons was clear that today he could fight for the pole, and this has been the case. The time of 1:44.170 gives him the first position on the starting grid and tomorrow he sees himself with a good pace to fight for the positions of honor in the race.
Augusto Fernández, 1st, 1:44.170
“I am very happy for this pole position. We suffered a bit more in the morning and with the high temperatures we knew we had gone fast, we managed to finish a good lap and start first. I am very happy and I hope to be in front tomorrow. I want to thank the team for their work and help in getting this first pole.”
- 16:30 in Qatar: Petrucci tops the Day 2 timesheets
- Aprilia confirm Lorenzo Savadori as MotoGP™ test rider
- Battle ready: Suzuki secure 1-2 on opening day in Qatar
- Photo gallery: Qatar Test Day 1
- Midday: Dovizioso currently P1 as Qatar Test begins
- Moto2™, Moto3™ Official Jerez Test photo gallery
- Ogura, McPhee and Rodrigo set 1:44s at Jerez Test
- Lap record sees Lüthi end Jerez Test at the summit