The Moto2 grid for the Catalan Grand Prix was decided today at the Barcelona-Catalunya Circuit. The Red Bull KTM Ajo Moto2 riders took a step forward by lowering their Friday times in FP3, although the pair still went into Q1. Jorge Martin then made it into Q2 and tomorrow he will start from 17th, with Brad Binder 19th.
Jorge Martin put in 16 laps to solve some issues which he experienced yesterday. Eventually, he ended 22nd – 1:45.212.
Those FP3 results put Brad Binder and Jorge Martin into Q1, a session in which the Red Bull KTM Ajo Moto2 riders had mixed fortunes. The Spaniard made it through with the second best time of the session – 1:44.668 – his best lap time of the weekend. In Q2, Jorge Martin then finished in 17th position, placing himself on the sixth row of the grid for tomorrow’s race.
The lights will go out tomorrow at 12:20 pm local time for the 22-lap Moto2 race at the Barcelona-Catalunya Circuit.
“Today we took a step forward compared to yesterday. We have been doing a few tests and I felt quite a bit more comfortable. I can turn better and I have more grip, which are our main issues, so I’m happy. I hope that tomorrow in the warm up we can continue improving to be able to fight for the points, which is our key objective. Making a good start will be very important on this track, where it is so crucial to have a consistent pace. We’re racing at home and the warmth of the fans always shows here. I want to do well so that they feel thrilled, also in order to reward their continuous support.”
- Find out who was fastest in Challenge #4 !
- Summer report: Fabio Quartararo - the future has arrived
- Decisive victories at MotorLand Aragon
- “Sometimes a bit of an injury can work in your favour”
- Fit your wet tyres! Online Challenge #4 is ready to go!
- The official poster for the San Marino GP is launched
- Puig vows Lorenzo "will fight to be back" for Czech GP
- Binder confirmed to make 2020 MotoGP™ move