A red hot qualifying session at the Catalunya circuit led both HDR Heidrun Speed Up team riders to secure the second row of the Gran Premi de Catalunya’s starting grid. Jorge Navarro and Fabio Di Giannantonio demonstrated a great team work that allowed both of them to be really competitive and fast on the track.
Jorge closed the three free practice sessions at the top of the standings in 1’44.241, a time marked in the middle of the third session.
After gaining direct access to Q2, Navarro and Di Giannantonio left together the pit-lane starting the 15 minutes available for the grid positions fight.
The two HDR Heidrun Speed Up riders, after eight exciting laps together, closed the Catalan Saturday in fourth and fifth position by winning the second row of the grid.
“We are having a good weekend. This morning we had a really good rhythm during the Fp3. After the practice session we made some small changes to the bike before the qualifying which gave us an extra boost. The session went very well, we did a good team work with my teammate and in the end it didn’t go wrong, although we expected something more. Anyway we are there, at +0.041 from pole, and it could be a great day if we continue to do our best as we are already doing!”
- Photo gallery: 2020 MotoGP™ Qatar Test
- Qatar Test race simulations: who impressed?
- This is MotoGP™: a permanent revolution
- Rossi: "I feel good with the bike"
- Qatar Test confirms 2020 is set to be ultra competitive
- Viñales heads Yamaha top three lockout in Qatar
- All you need to know about the 2020 Pro Draft Selection
- Viñales leads Quartararo halfway through Day 3