It was only a year ago Augusto Fernandez premiered with the Pons Racing team, and now – twelve months later, he took the pole and crossed the finish line in fourth position. It is a deserved reward for a talented racer making his way in the Moto2 World Championship.
On the Montmeló track, Augusto showed that he also knows how to race with his head, adding some valuable points in the overall championship standings.
Work continues with tests this week and then it is on to Assen, where Augusto will hope to continue his progress.
“I finish the weekend with a bittersweet taste, as after the pole we had opportunities. Then, during the race we had some problems. Still, I am nonetheless happy because despite this we continue to score points. I am happy for the weekend overall and for the pole, we will continue working and in Holland we will look for more, and for now as always thanks to everyone for your support.”
Photo: Václav Duska jr.
- Rigorous tyre test awaits at MotorLand Aragon
- Time schedule: changes to the GP Michelin® de Aragon
- Engines ON for Aragon!
- Marquez vs Fernandez: is this the duel for the crown?
- Is Dalla Porta now in the Moto3™ driving seat?
- On your marks! Round 2 of the 2019 Global Series is here!
- Changes to Moto2™ and Moto3™ regulations announced
- Johann Zarco replaced by Mika Kallio for rest of 2019 season