It was only a year ago Augusto Fernandez premiered with the Pons Racing team, and now – twelve months later, he took the pole and crossed the finish line in fourth position. It is a deserved reward for a talented racer making his way in the Moto2 World Championship.
On the Montmeló track, Augusto showed that he also knows how to race with his head, adding some valuable points in the overall championship standings.
Work continues with tests this week and then it is on to Assen, where Augusto will hope to continue his progress.
“I finish the weekend with a bittersweet taste, as after the pole we had opportunities. Then, during the race we had some problems. Still, I am nonetheless happy because despite this we continue to score points. I am happy for the weekend overall and for the pole, we will continue working and in Holland we will look for more, and for now as always thanks to everyone for your support.”
Photo: Václav Duska jr.
- Viñales fastest to turn the tables on Day 2
- Marquez heads Pol Espargaro mid-way through Day 2
- Avintia renew Ducati alliance to become satellite team
- Zarco "definitely a consideration" for Yamaha testing role
- Ciabatti gives bold thoughts on Petrucci and Miller rumours
- Valencia Test: Quartararo heads Yamaha trio after Day 1
- The Mike Hailwood of MotoGP™
- 2020 FIM MotoGP™ World Championship Provisional Entry Lists