It was a noteworthy race for the Red Bull KTM Ajo Moto2 riders at the Catalan Grand Prix, which took place on Sunday at the Barcelona-Catalunya Circuit. Brad Binder and Jorge Martin both produced solid performances, concluding the contest in 11th and 15th, respectively. The team continue to take steps forward and score valuable World Championship points.
Jorge Martin had a strong start, moving up from 17th to 12th in just one lap. The Spaniard rode with a very consistent pace throughout the race, although he finally dropped back a few positions and crossed the line 15th, getting into the points once again.
Following the Barcelona race Brad Binder sits ninth in the championship, with 44 points, while Jorge Martin is 25th with 3 points. The Red Bull KTM Ajo duo have an important test ahead of them at the Barcelona-Catalunya Circuit this upcoming week. On the other hand, the next round of the World Championship is the Dutch GP, which will be held at the Assen Circuit from 28th to 30th June.
“We hoped to finish in the points and finally, we managed to do it. The positive part of today is that I had a similar pace to my teammate, Brad Binder. We still have a lot to do and learn. We tried to manage the contest in the best possible way, but we couldn’t find the solution to some small issues, which is what we need to be higher up. Next week we have a very important test, so we’ll try our best to find the right way forward. I trust the team and I know we can reach our goal.”
- Find out who was fastest in Challenge #4 !
- Summer report: Fabio Quartararo - the future has arrived
- Decisive victories at MotorLand Aragon
- “Sometimes a bit of an injury can work in your favour”
- Fit your wet tyres! Online Challenge #4 is ready to go!
- The official poster for the San Marino GP is launched
- Puig vows Lorenzo "will fight to be back" for Czech GP
- Binder confirmed to make 2020 MotoGP™ move